These delicious little no bake energy bites are the perfect healthy snack!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned or organic oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use almond butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar (I use natural honey)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.