I have always been an active person, but let’s be honest, becoming a mom changes EVERYTHING!! I have learned so much about what it means to sacrifice my own needs/wants for what my child needs. Working out is just one of the many areas that tend to suffer from having to be in mom mode. I wanted to share some of the things I have learned since having to adjust to my son’s schedule!
Rules to the Mom Workout:
1) Wear your workout clothes when ever you can. Being ready to do a workout at any given time is a great way to fit one it!!
2) Eat smaller, healthy meals. At least 5-6 smaller meals a day. Your body will have a constant intake of energy and you won’t be too full to fit a workout in when the time is right. Also, stay hydrated through out your day!
3) Your living room, back yard, and garage will become your best friend. Keep a set of hand weights and resistance in the hall closet or close by. Invest in some at home workout equipment, such as a yoga ball, kettlebell, different weight dumbells, yoga mat, and more (depending on the space you have).
4) Get an accountability partner. Whether it’s a friend you can go for walks with or someone you can check in with every day via social media or text…. accountability will keep you motivated!!
5) Don’t stress when you miss a workout. Life happens! Some days I set out with a plan in mind and nothing goes my way. I learned to just accept this and move on to the next task. Consider it your “active rest day.” Keep busy and eat healthy to maintain the work you have done so far!